Yoga and Emotional Well-being Kids Camp
The Program is a fun-filled, four-day yoga camp for boys and girls in the age group of 4-10 years old (snacks are provided). This Camp is a collaboration between Sweatbox and The Mind Studio where we introduce yoga for children, led through an exploration of fun, love and joy, allowing each child to develop and live in optimal health and inner peace. Yes, we learn yoga poses, all of them presented in a fun and age-appropriate way. And we play games that help reinforce their learning of the poses. At yoga camp, we believe in the power of peaceful moments. While most camps provide nonstop intensity, inciting a furor of excitement and energy, we balance joyful play with quiet reflection and relaxation. This program will also offer emotional coaching by Elynn Teo, founder of The Mind Studio to deliver emotional coaching to the little ones. Emotion Coaching is a communication strategy which supports little children to self regulate and manage their stress responses and allow them to thrive in their emotional and social development.
Through the story of a puppy named Brownie, your child will be the emotion scientist, and journey with Brownie on his first day of school. As the emotion scientist, your child will be teaching Brownie to recognize and cope with the emotions he experiences and build meaningful relationships with himself and others in school . Through the different encounters Brownie is going to experience in his first day of school, your child will explore how to use craftwork, activity worksheets, breath works and visualization exercises to:
- Help Brownie learn to recognise, understand and name his emotions
- Help Brownie choose and cope with his responses and emotions
- Teach Brownie how to respond effectively to his friends when he is upset
- Be the cheerleader to Brownie!
With the ultimate goal to help the child build their emotional resilience and enhance their emotional intelligence, this workshop will help to:
- Increase the child’s emotion vocabulary
- Enhance the child’s awareness and understanding of different types of emotions
- Allow the child a safe space to problem solve and learn to manage emotions under different situations
- Encourages the child to learn how to be empathic and build rapport with others
Dates: 15-18 March 2021
Location: Sweatbox at The Grandstand