Is accomplishment at work about getting that promotion?
Is accomplishment at work about getting that promotion? Absolutely NOT.
The PERMA Model to a Flourishing Life
Accomplishment is the last element of the PERMA model created by Dr. Martin Seligman, American psychologist, author and founder behind positive psychology movement. Interestingly, achievement is not just about winning. It is also about how much we challenge ourselves in positive and progressive ways that enable us to further develop our strengths and skills.
Read this article to find out if you are flourishing at work using the PERMA Model!
What is Accomplishment at Work?
If it is not all about getting a promotion at work, then what is it? The PROCESS.
It is about the process of setting realistic goals and planning the milestones and baby steps. It is also about learning and developing skills and experiences along the way. And, it is about overcoming challenges and failures. Surely, it is about winning. As you can see, winning is one of the many aspects of accomplishment.
How to achieve accomplishment at work….
If you are still trying to figure out, these are some tips for you.
- Celebrate the knowledge and skills you have gained from the process of learning
- Recognize the growth you have gained from the process of failing
- Take pride of the contributions and impacts you have made
- Be grateful for the relationships you have formed during the journey
- Be proud of the milestones and goals you have achieved
If you can focus on the process rather than only the outcome, you will find yourself feeling a lot more accomplished.