Tue, 31 May|
Own Your Voice Programme
Own Your Voice is a 3-day sensory-based experiential workshop curated to empower your child to acquire the skills, confidence, and emotional resilience needed to ace their oral exams in a fun and engaging way using LEGO and Mindfulness.
Time & Location
31 May 2022, 10:00 am – 02 Jun 2022, 4:00 pm
Singapore, 308 Tanglin Rd, 02-29, Singapore 247974
About the event
We curated this holistic programme to empower children to prepare for their oral examinations, nurture a life skill, build strong minds and emotional resilience. All while having fun at the same time!
In this 3-day sensory-based experiential workshop, you will learn:
- Master oral techniques to structure their thoughts, feelings, and opinions to form meaningful responses.
- Nurture self-expression and develop perspectives by exploring common oral topics relating to Self, Family, Community, and the Environment, through the connecting theme of 'Respect'.
- Enhance the ability to self-express, think creatively and critically using LEGO models.
- Gain self-awareness and observation skills about Self and Others through mindful eating and mindful walks.
- Build composure, and confidence using HeartMath techniques.
- Receive a 1-1 personalised oral assessment based on the MOE marking rubric.
31 May, 1 June, 2 June, from 10am to 4pm.
Ages: 10 - 12 years old (Primary 4, 5, 6)
Limited to 8 students
Price includes materials and lunch
This workshop equips students with the tools and techniques to deepen their conversational skills that differentiate them and impress the examiner during their oral examination! Through a sensory learning experience, your child will:
- Gain awareness and understanding for ‘respect’ and how it is embodied in daily lives, to better equip students to answer oral questions such as ‘What can you do to build awareness of the importance of protecting the environment in your school?’
- Learn about Mindfulness and practise Mindfulness activities to awaken their five senses, enhancing their ability to respond and describe effectively during oral exams
- Use Lego models to enhance creativity and imagination in creating and sharing powerful personal stories
- Learn the significance of “Respect” that helps students discover their personal and family values and deepens their description abilities Learn breathing techniques that the child can tap on any time, anywhere to enhance composure and confidence
Day 1 - Respect for Self & Family
- Presentation tips - how to use non-verbal gestures to enhance their oral communications
- Self-introduction - how to give an impactful introduction
- Mindful Eating - using the 5 senses to describe local food in Singapore
- Oral tips - how to craft a reflective response about family values and activities
Day 2 - Respect for Community and Environment
- Sensory Walk in nature - using the 5 senses to appreciate our connection with nature
- Perspective taking - how to craft a response about respecting the environment
- Role play - teach children about inclusiveness and empathy towards people with special needs
- Integrate Day 1 & Day 2 learnings to brainstorm oral responses
- 1-1 oral graded assessment
About the Creators
- Winnie Lee - Experienced former MOE educator and Certified teacher in dyslexia and literacy teaching
- Elynn Teo - Counsellor, Certified HeartMath Trainer, Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coach, and Positive Psychology Practitioner
- Maggie Sim - Certified Facilitator of Lego Serious Play method, Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coach
- This ticket is non-refundable unless it cannot be commenced.
- By signing up for this event, you agree to be contacted for future events.
Early Bird Offer
Price is inclusive of materials and lunch.
Price inclusive of materials and lunch.